Sunday, February 19, 2006

Life -at a distance.

If we look at our lives at the highest level, what is our purpose?

I know its difficult, but if for a second I seperate myself from work, family, friends and all the little things that surround me, what am I left with.

Never crossed my mind before, but now it has.. so why are we really here, sure as hell its not to have the best house/car/partner or to gain self-satisfaction, be it out of love, money or whatever drives us to do what we do everyday.

As a Muslim, I know that this life is temporary and we are all being 'tested' to submit to the will of God and to fullfill the rights of our fellow beings.

That makes sense, however it often gets lost in the scramble of our lives. Therefore most of what we do on a daily basis has little or nothing to do with our 'Purpose in life'.

Maybe I'm going off on a totally new tangent, but at first it doesnt really make sense to me, you have a purpose, yet you dont really do much about it...hmmm

----------------------------------------------------------------

Side note, sometimes things like what I mentioned above is used to manipulate the minds of the illiterate to incite violence and promote 'extremism', that is just wrong. The whole 'extremist philosophy' is more political than anything else in my opinion. God never wants you to go out and hurt someone else, regardless of what they may do to you.

2 comments:

Ali Nawab said...

this is great, i would like to read more.

Thank u,

Anonymous said...

so u are saying you did not think about this till NOW? how old are you again?