Thursday, July 20, 2006

Economist : Special Report on Pakistan

The economist published a 10-page special report on Pakistan recently.

I've held the economist in a league of less biased publications, but was rather depressed to see the picture painted by the authors.

Its mostly true from their perspective, but Jawwad Farid has a nice commentary here thats looks at things from a Pakistani's point of view.

DesibacktoDesh a good blog to bookmark, url is here

http://www.alchemya.com/blog/index.html


In other news, I'm still getting married and will be in Karachi soon Insh'Allah.

1 comment:

Ali Nawab said...

Yes, unfortunately I did..but I used to read it regularly some 4-5 years ago, and I think the impression has stuck with me.

I'm not an expert on media, but think that all media is baised to a certain extent.I would like to think that the Economist is definitely better than the likes of FOX.