Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Its my Country too

Saturday 21st October at 1410 GMT
Repeated: Saturday 21st at 2110, Sunday 22nd at 22nd 0410 and 0910 GMT

5 years on since 9/11 - the US is a changed country... especially for Muslims.

As part of the USA Direct season, It’s My Country Too follows Salman Ahmed, founding member of successful rock band Junoon, as he explores what it means to be an American Muslim.

Islam is one of the fastest-growing religions in the US. Yet one in four Americans regard Muslims living among them with suspicion. And what if you are an American and a Muslim?

This World follows Salman Ahmed, founding member of successful rock band Junoon, as he explores what it means to be an American Muslim these days. Salman says: "I never thought about my religion in a sense that I have to explain it to the rest of the world." However, as non-Muslims search for answers, this is exactly what they seem to be asking of their fellow citizens.



No comments: