Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Darfur, anybody?

So while we wait for Ali to share his Montreal experiences with us (along with other cool thoughts) , I thought I would share my thoughts-of-the-day...

I heard yesterday that:

- The UN called the Genocide in Darfur the 'worst humanitarian crisis' ever (this was before the Tsunami hit)

- 400,000 people have been killed

- 2.5 millions have been displaced due to violence

- 3.5 million are starving

- Countless others have & still are being brutally raped

(The facts are according to recent reports by the World Food Program, the United Nations and the Coalition for International Justice).

One day though, we will be able to sit around and figure out exactly what happened when they make a movie about it. Wasn't it the same with The Killing Fields, Hotel Rwanda, etc....?

I'm thinking that perhaps God should send them an earthquake.... what else would kick us into action?